Monday, June 8, 2009

CHECKING OUT SOME SOCIAL NETWORKING SITES

Sites to Compare:
  1. Facebook
  2. Myspace
  3. Friendster
  4. Twitter
My favorite is definitely Facebook.  I have been a user for a few years so I have compiled a friend list of over a 1000, consisting of people I went to grade school, high school and college with, as well as family members, co-employees, etc...

Myspace seemed to reach it's peak a few years ago, before users discovered and favored Facebook.  However, even when it was peaking I was not a fan.  I preferred how Facebook made you belong to some kind of community in order to join (i.e. a college), whereas Myspace had room for every creep in the book.  Although anyone can join Facebook now, it's original premise is what made it so popular.

I was a new user to Friendster, so after some exploring, it seemed very similiar to Myspace.  It is far behind the innovativeness of Facebook, but has several ways to expand your friendlist.  Additionally, it has multiple applications to allow you to share photos, etc.  Ultimately, just like the other sites, unless you are trying to meet new people or keep in touch with friends, this site had many ways to help cure boredom.

I use Twitter mostly for sharing music with my friends.  So all-in-all, I think Facebook wins because it combines all aspects of social networking that are important to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment